Sodium Thioglycolate or Sodium Mercaptoacetate has a light yellowish and sometimes dark color. It comes in a liquid form with a strong pungent odour and has a pH level between 7 to 11.
Chemical application and strength
Sodium Thioglycolate or Sodium Mercaptoacetate is a mining separator which is used mainly in the separation process of copper and molybdenum copper sulfide. It also acts as a galena inhibitor. It is also known as a powerful and effective depressant agent for copper sulfide which has gone through the separation process during considerable environment conditions. Great results are seen when this is used as a depressant instead of using sodium cyanide or sodium sulfide.
• Has the ability to enhance the recovery rate of various precious materials and metals during flotation.
• Should be kept in an environment free of water and moisture. Should also kept far away from fire or high temperatures.
• It is composed of carboxylic acid and thiol (mercaptan)
• It’s other uses include as an acidity indicator and for softening of nails.
• Also good as a “fallout remover which is used in removing iron oxide residues from from steel rims.
Sodium Thioglycolate / Sodium Mercaptoacetate ≥ 96.5%
Other trading names
• Sodium Mercaptoacetate
• Sodium 2 – sulfanylacetate
• Mercaptoacetic Acid
• Sodium Salt
• Mollescal SF
• Thioglycolic Acid Sodium Salt
Types of Packaging
• Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) drum with 1000 kg capacity/drum or tank
• Use plastic drums with 250 kg weight capacity per drum.
FOB Price (Per Ton) $350.00