Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol or 4 – Methyl-2-pentanol has a very clear appearance which is similar to that of alcohol and comes in a liquid form which produces a slight distinct odour which is also similar to alcohol.
Chemical application and strength
Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol or 4 – Methyl-2-pentanol is a kind of chemical compound which is organic and is derived from acetone. In the mining industry. MIBC is popularly used as a frothing agent during the flotation processes of different minerals and also when producing additives of lubricant oils. Compared to other frothing agents, MIBC has a great selectivity and fast kinetics in the flotation process. It produces froths with are dry yet easy to break which increases the efficiency and yield of the mineral.
• Has little to none collector resistance and used widely in the processing of gold ores.
• Acts as a solvent in the extraction process of essential oils which are used in fragrances.
• Used as diluent agent for hydraulic fluids.
• Has the ability to produce excellent quality concentrates which have great selectivity.
• Should be kept in an environment free of water and moisture. Should also kept far away from fire or high temperatures.
Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol / 4 – Methyl – 2 – Pentanol ≧ 99%
Other trading names
• Methyl amyl alcohol
• Alcool Methyl amylique
• NSC 9384
Types of Packaging
• Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) drum with 830 kg capacity/drum or tank
• Use steel drums with a 165 kg weight capacity per drum.
FOB Price (Per Ton) $2,280.00