Isobutyl Vinyl Ether or Isobutanol Vinyl Ether has a colorless transparent appearance. It comes in a liquid form with a strong pungent odour and has a density level 0.769 g/ml.
Chemical application and strength
Isobutyl Vinyl Ether has a wide range applications in the industry. One of which is that it is used as a polymer used in various products like coatings, lacquers, an surgical adhesives. It is also used as a modifier for polystyrene and alkyd resins. Another application is as a plasticizer for nitrocellulose and other kinds of plastics.
• Used as a chemical intermediate.
• It is has minimal solubility in water but very soluble in ether and alcohol.
• It can easily be polymerized if exposed to heat and light.
• Used as a chemical reagent and organic intermediate for various plasticizers, coatings, auxiliaries, and many more.
• Has a flash point of 15°F and will polymerize when exposed to head.
Should be kept in an environment free of water and moisture. Should also kept far away from fire or high temperatures.
Isobutyl Vinyl Ether / Isobutanol Vinyl Ether ≥ 98 %
Other trading names
• Isobutanol Vinyl Ether
. Vinyl Isobutyl Ether
• Lutanol LR 8500
• Vinoflex MO 400
Types of Packaging
• Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) drum with 1000 kg capacity/drum or tank
• Use plastic drums with 200 kg weight capacity per drum.