Ethylene Glycol Monovinyl Ether or 2 – Vinyloxyethanol has a colorless transparent appearance. It comes in a liquid form with a strong pungent odour and has a
density level of 0.982 g/mL.
Chemical application and strength
Ethylene Glycol Monovinyl Ether or 2 – Vinyloxyethanol has a wide range applications in the industry. One of which is that it is used as a polymer used in various products like coatings, lacquers, and surgical adhesives. It is also used as a modifier for polystyrene and alkyd resins. Another application is as a plasticizer for nitrocellulose and other kinds of plastics.
• Used as a chemical intermediate.
• Used as a chemical reagent and organic intermediate for various plasticizers, coatings, auxiliaries, and many more.
Chemically stable under normal conditions.
It is very soluble in water as well as in alkanes, ethanol, acetone, methylene chloride, and 2-propanol.
• Should be kept in an environment free of water and moisture. Should also kept far away from fire or high temperatures.
Ethylene Glycol Monovinyl Ether / 2 – Vinyloxyethanol 97 %
Other trading names
• 2- Vinyloxyethanol
• Vinyl Glycol
• Vinyl Cellosolve
• Ethylene Glycol Vinyl ether
• Ethyleneglycol Monovinyl Ester
• 2-(Vinyloxy) ethanol
• 2-Hydroxyethyl Vinyl Ether
Types of Packaging
• Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) drum with 1000 kg capacity/drum or tank
• Use plastic drums with 200 kg weight capacity per drum.