Caustic soda flakes are white translucent solid crystals. These waxy white crystals are odourless. The crystals are soluble in water and glycerol. This is an alkali, which is a combination of sodium cations and hydroxide anions (NaOH).
Chemical application and strengths:
• White Caustic has a number of applications in various industries. Here are some of the most popular ones.
1. It is used in the manufacture of synthetic fatty acids, synthetic detergents and making of soap
2. It is used in the production of cellulose pulp and paper
3. It is used as a scouring agent, silk polish agent in silk print and a cloth desizing agent
4. It is used to produce other chemicals that include formic acid, sodium cyanide and borax
• Caustic soda is an effective alkali base for the above-mentioned processes. It decomposes protein in room temperature and therefore may cause several burns if not well-handled. In addition the crystals are highly soluble in water. This characteristic makes it ideal for use in making of detergents and processes where water is used. In addition, the crystals can be used to dry rooms of moisture due to its anhydrous nature. It readily absorbs moisture in the atmosphere to form hydrates.
• In the making of soaps and detergents, sodium hydroxide is used as an alternative to potassium hydroxide. Essentially the saponification process involves the hydrolysis of esters and alkyl halides. However, potassium hydroxide is more soluble in some organic solvents making it the preferred ingredient in the organic process. On the other hand, it is more preferred in the production of synthetic detergents and fatty acids.
Caustic Soda 98% / Sodium Hydroxide 98% (Flakes)
Other Trading Names:
• Caustic soda
• White caustic
• Sodium hydrate
Type of Packaging:
• 25kg PP/PE bag
• 1000kg jumbo bag
FOB Price (Per Ton) $750.00