Acrolein Dimethyl Acetal or 3, 3-Dimethoxypropene has a colorless transparent appearance. It comes in a liquid form with a strong pungent odour and has a density level of 0.862 g/mL.
Chemical application and strength
Acrolein Dimethyl Acetal or 3, 3-Dimethoxypropene has a wide range applications in the industry. One of which is that it is used as a polymer used in various products like coatings, lacquers, and surgical adhesives. It is also used as a modifier for polystyrene and alkyd resins. Another application is as a plasticizer for nitrocellulose and other kinds of plastics.
• Used as a chemical intermediate.
• Chemically stable but very volatile.
• Its density is less than that of water. .
. Used in the pharmaceutical industry to produce cosmetic products.
• It is a kind of reagent used for the synthesis of a variety of compounds, including cinnamaldehydes.
Should be kept in an environment free of water and moisture. Should also kept far away from fire or high temperatures.
Acrolein Dimethyl Acetal / 3, 3 – Dimethoxypropene – 1 ≥ 98%
Other trading names
• 3,3-Dimethoxypropene – 1
• Acrolein, dimenthyl Acetal
3,3-Dimenthoxyprop -1 -ene
Types of Packaging
• Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) drum with 1000 kg capacity/drum or tank
Use plastic drums with 150 kg weight capacity per drum.