1,1,3,3 Tetramethoxypropane or Malonaldehyde Tetramethyl Acetal has a slight yellowish clear color and comes in a liquid form. It has a density of 0.997 g/mL.
Chemical application and strength
1, 1, 3, 3 Tetramethoxypropane or Malonaldehyde Tetramethyl Acetal is a product which occurs naturally from lipid peroxidation process and of prostaglandin biosynthesis. It is also a precursor of malondialdehyde. It is formed during the oxidation process of fatty acids in foods which are polyunsaturated.
• It is characterized as a protected form of malondialdehyde which is a great reactive reagent but has poor storage capabilities.
• It is not soluble with water but is soluble in ether, hexane, and alcohol
• Chemically stable under normal conditions.
Malonaldehyde tetramethyl acetal has the tendency to be carcinogenic or mutagenic because of its reaction when exposed to DNA creating adducts.
Should be kept in an environment free of water and moisture. Should also kept far away from fire or high temperatures.
1, 1, 3, 3 Tetramethoxypropane / Malonaldehyde Tetramethyl Acetal 99 %
Other trading names
• Malonaldehyde Tetramethyl Acetal
• Malondialdehyde bis (dimethylacetal)
• 1,1,3,3-Tetramethoxy Propane
• 1,1,3,3-Tetrakis (methyloxy) propane
Types of Packaging
• Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) drum with 1000 kg capacity/drum or tank
• Use plastic drums with 200 kg weight capacity per drum.